Sunday, 30 March 2014

Is it really that simple?

What is this blog about? I have asked myself that a few times already.  If there is one universal thing I have noticed in my life it is that we as a people, a race, or a species, over complicate things.

Life is short, the journey is unique, and the experiences are special. Everyone spends their time looking forward but often not looking in front of them. I firmly believe that there are simple truths to life; it's these simple things we need to look at and enjoy. I intend this blog to be an exploration and a view of the world from my own eyes, and maybe along the way some others. We can either live our lives as though full of mystery and wonder or that of a life of broken dreams, haunted by our own shadows. Choose and act; no regrets.

I have been many places in my life. I have tried to experience as many, sights, sounds, smells, and feelings in these places. The world is a strange place; we all view things differently and we all experience those things differently as well. From the smell of the stones of Trafalgar Square after it rains, to the sunny beaches of Honolulu, or the smell of fresh dew on the trees in the Rocky Mountains. Every place has its unique feel to it. Some people never really notice and let the days go by worrying about what comes next. Others take time to "stop and smell the roses."

My question is when did we become like this? When did the world become so worried about what comes next and no longer concerned about what's right in front of us? I was struck the other day when speaking to a few people who were so worried about where they would be in 20 years. Yet they were paralyzed by what was in front of them? I have news for everyone, if you don't experience those moments in front of you, the moments in the future won't exist. I challenge you to take a few moments this week, to really look around you. Take a minute and entrench yourself in that singular moment.  Watch, listen, and feel your surroundings. You maybe be shocked what it is you notice
.

No comments:

Post a Comment